Business website owners are starting to recognize the value of having their sites highly ranked and visible in search engine results. Most people are well aware of “Why” they need internet presence, however, the question of “How” to achieve it is still largely a mystery. In an effort to clarify hw Search Engine Optimization (SEO) can benefit your website, and of course ultimately your business, here are 5 SEO tips to consider.
1. The only ways to optimize every aspect of your website is to either have the foresight to begin your SEO before the design and development stage or otherwise, when you realise your website has been around for a while but is nowhere to be seen on the first couple of pages of the search engines, to then hire a professional Expert SEO Services in order to boost your internet presence.
2. As search engines are evolving they are also becoming more and more sophisticated. Search engine compliance must be understood without contravening any of the guidelines. All the major search engines are very clear about their guidelines and what it is they expect from webmasters. If we give them what they are asking for, then websites are rewarded with a high ranking and internet visibility which usually has long lasting effects.
3. Paying for your online traffic is not always the best course of action. It’s not to say that it is not a valuable tool in some instances, however the search engines highly value natural “un-paid” traffic over and above paid traffic. Traffic in general, improves the visibility of a web site or a web page in search engines via the “natural” or un-paid (“organic”) search results.
4. Think twice before engaging in any “Black Hat” SEO. For those of you not yet familiar with this term, let me briefly explain. Black Hat SEO utilises techniques that are highly disapproved of by the major search engines as they are deceptive in nature. In fact they are so looked-down upon that they can get your website permanently banned. Black hat SEO utilises methods such as “keyword stuffing”, “article spinning”, “link farming” etc. The search engines do not take ignorance as an excuse for these practices as they degrade both the relevance of search results and the user-experience of search engines.
5. Only use specialists who practice “White Hat” SEO methods as there really are no shortcuts when it comes to the major search engines such as Google. White Hat SEO utilises techniques that search engines not only approve of, but in fact recommend. White hat SEO is not just about following guidelines, but is about ensuring that the content a search engine indexes and subsequently ranks is the same content a user will see. It is about creating high standards and absolute internet relevance.